http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: A BIT MORE SCAVENGING!

Wednesday 18 July 2012

A BIT MORE SCAVENGING!

By my calculations I have posted all of FIVE photographs for the SCAVENGER HUNT, arranged by RINDA...here are another four


NUMBER 9- A FOUNTAIN


The little town a few miles from us where we our Bank  is, has this lovely fountain in the square

NUMBER 19- A HORSE

Not great quality- it was taken out the car window. I always feel so sorry for these horses having to pull these covered carts in all this heat...and the leading horse looks exhausted here!


NUMBER 17- A CHURCH......

The Church in our village

You can just about see how ornate the inside is, compared to the outside.

NUMBER11- A SHADOW

The shadow  of  a palm tree

That brings me up to nine items found...only twelve to go!!

I'm becoming a bit obsessed about this Scavenger Hunt......I nearly accosted a little boy at the airport yesterday who was carrying two Scottish flags, to have my photo taken with something symbolizing my nation.....and almost missed my friend Elaine arriving! 

Hope you're enjoying the hunt as much as I am.

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx











19 comments:

  1. Oh you make me laugh Alison! Well, did you get the photo with the flags? Prompt 21 was a funny one we considered down here ... ahh, the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fountain photo and the shadow is really different! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I like the horse, even though it looks a bit down trodden. Hope it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing so well Alison - I must pull my socks up and get cracking with taking some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just blogged a page that was taken after we took part in a scavenger hunt (I called it a treasure hunt....but scavenger is the proper word)...yours is a lot sunnier than ours tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel sorry for those horses as well.....but some great captures there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that shadow one and I know what you mean, I thought about stopping the traffic while I took a photo the other day but was afraid of the abuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's completely addictive! You have reminded me to keep looking for a shadow - I'd kind of put that one to one side in our rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these photos you are taking for your challenge!! The one with the shadow is so cool!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that fountain photo! Great job with the scavenger hunt - I've found five & am planning to be a little obsessive about it on our upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! I really have enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how these really give us a peek into your village and its surrounding area.
    Rinda
    p.s. We just arrived home late Tuesday/early Weds. We ended up staying on for an additional week (story coming soon on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photos! I agree, it's really neat to see what your village and area looks like. The photos of the church and the palm tree shadow are really interesting, the way you composed the shots! (and I'm jealous of the weather forecast you posted in a previous post- I'm looking forward to high temps in the 80s, too, but I'll have to wait till about November to get them- lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You didn't accost him?!? No, no, no Alison! You missed a perfect photo opportunity!! One must be brave with camera in hand and accost any suitable suspects! Great job on the photos - that church is definitely layout worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great way of recording this time of year every year - each capture tells its own little story of how you came to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So did you get the photo of the flag??? LOL. That fountain looks so refreshing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WTG on the scavenger hunt! I am still very far from being done but I enjoy looking at the others' take on each prompt. The old church is my favorite of the bunch here :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL - I never thought how much more difficult it would be for you to get the final item ... lovely photos so far ... gorgeous fountain and fab shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them especially the. Church & fountain. Pardon the typos still getting usedto the iPad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!