http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: I'M BACK.....WITH A SCAVENGER HUNT UPDATE

Sunday 31 August 2014

I'M BACK.....WITH A SCAVENGER HUNT UPDATE

Hello my bloggy friends...I do hope summer hasn't quite deserted those of us in the Northern Hemisphere and that winter hasn't been too rough for those in the south.

It's been a very hot, busy summer over here....but the visitors have been and gone (apart from 'the girls' who arrive on Wednesday and whose rooms are now ready...can't wait to see you girls..the cava is already chilling!)


With only three weeks left to go, it's time for me to check out what's left for me to capture for RINDA'S SUMMERTIME SCAVENGER HUNT

After my last update, I have added:

BIRDS ON A WIRE

I can't believe how difficult this one was to capture....around me are plenty of wires and plenty of birds but do they ever come together?...not while I'm watching!! This is the best I have managed so far (I am still watching carefully for a better shot!)


I realise this is really BIRD on wire as the other one is on the pole, but hey ho!


A GROUP OF TOURISTS

I took this one at Alicante Airport whilst waiting for visitors...these tourists had just arrived and were waiting to be directed to their coaches




A MASCOT

I was a bit worried about this one, as mascots are hard to come by around here.... but on picking up the latest copy of our local 'what's on' magazine this was on the front cover:


the mascot from the Commonwealth Games...perfect!


A SUNRISE

Taken on the trip taking Craig to the airport... yes, it was a VERY early start!




A PARADE

These drummers were at the beginning of one of the parades during Fiesta:




A PUBLIC GARDEN

There aren't many of these around these parts.....the closest I have managed is this pretty square in a neighbouring town:








That leaves my list looking like this:



1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of post cards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)

11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English

17. A lamp post
18. A water fall
19. A public garden
20. bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp
Alternative B: A bird house

Like many of the rest of you that leaves me  looking for a juggler...fat chance of that round here...unless of course one of 'the girls' has learned to juggle since I last saw them!!

Also, a picture of myself doing something representing the season...

If you want to see what lots of other folks have made of Rinda's list, pop over to her BLOG where you'll find this month's roundup.

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx












16 comments:

  1. You've done well,....it's nice to see all the different photos popping up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos and what a brilliant sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done really well Alison - juggler is still stumping me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pesky juggler! I was hoping to come across one in Edinburgh as the Festival was still on, but no luck. Plenty of bagpipes though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunrise, I seem to keep missing that vital ingredient of sun in mine. Have been up early quite a lot and it's always been cloudy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not holding out much hope for a juggler either!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! It's good to see you back after a busy summer. That birds on the wire,,been giving a lot of people a lot of trouble, that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done well. Yes the juggler was not easy!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. doing well, I only managed one bird on a wire too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those birds are really pesky but you DID IT! Horrah. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots! I've noticed that lots of us have had trouble finding the birds on a wire - I'm sure there will be some on every wire once the hunt ends! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're close to the end! I love the sunrise shot--awesome that it was taken from the car!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bird on the wire is my favourite ... It reminds me so much of what Spain is like! Haven't you got loads, despite the busyness and the visitors? Your mascot is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you did a great job with the scavenger hunt! Good luck with the juggler...I'm not about to bet against your finding one somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been a joy seeing everyone's take on the photos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!