http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: Scrap-in-the-Moment Day 7

Sunday 29 May 2011

Scrap-in-the-Moment Day 7

I should have known it was too good to be true..that I'd actually snap, scrap and blog on the same day for an entire week! in saying that, this LO was scrapped yesterday, but the light wasn't good enough to photograph it.


Yesterday saw one of my 'Airport Runs'...honestly, my car could find it's way on it's own by this time! The new all-singing- all-dancing airport opened about seven weeks ago, and is huge in comparison with the old one. The last few times I've been there, it's been fairly quiet...but I guess holiday (vacation) season starts in earnest, this weekend.



So ends my 'experiment'. What have I learned?

I have learned that you most definately remember the details when you scrap-in-the-moment.
I have learned that the most insignificant  (to me) things should be scrapped...they will make interesting reading in the future.
I have learned that using the same sketch for a 'series' is really helpful.
I have learned that scrapping about 'things', rather than people needn't be boring.

Thanks for all your lovely comments....normal service will resume this week, starting tomorrow with Amy's challenge for this week.

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx



12 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with how you've kept up with this,Alison....and it's been so interesting finding out all the everyday things about your life.....I think I'd enjoy living where you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've been to Alicante airport - it rings bells anyway, must have been a few years ago now, so before your new one opened! Looking forward to seeing your 5 in five next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - well done on completion of your challenge. It's been fun for me to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been fabulous following your week and your pages have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed viewing your week, don't suppose we can talk you into extending it to a month could we? ;-)
    My friend Linda lives just outside of Bournemouth on the South Coast and she always moans about holidaymakers - or grockles as they are known down there! - hogging all the parking spaces!
    Guess as it is half term in England this week, lots of people have headed off to Spain to enjoy your sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been very interesting reading your 'moments' and seeing your pages too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoyed these posts - has been lovely to see. It's definitely something I want to do. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly Alison your layout each day has been inspirational I have enjoyed seeing what you would come up with :) I think I may have said this already but the same sketch makes perfect sense

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been a really worthwhile sereis Alison, I have enjoyed seeing snatches of your everyday life very much indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on this layout & keeping it up all week! We have EXACTLY the same thing here - I can't BEAR Christmas & we get away for at least a week. I have to have my Christmas shopping done by the end of November LATEST cos getting to our mall (the largest in Southern Africa) is virtually impossible...everyone who can afford to travel there from all the Southern African states & the rest of South Africa are there IN FULL FORCE ------!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of using the same layout for a series of pages, but they all look different as well. Well done! I will be 'lifting' the idea very soon. Thank you for your comments on my blog, it is always nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alison, I really do love your choice of patterned papers and colours here! It's a fab page - even if you didn't have the photo, it would look great!
    I like sketches - for a while I was a bit sniffy about them, thinking they were "lazy"; but having tried them a few times, I now appreciate the real benefit of not having to spend time on the design/structure of the page. I can use my time choosing colours, embellishments and other bits, to complement my photo and the story I want to tell. It means I might be able to make a page, when I wouldn't have had time otherwise.
    Like you, I have tried the same sketch for a number of pages. I have about 4 pages, all based on the same starting sketch - yet every one of them is totally different! Not "lazy", but very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!