http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: U.S. Trip 2008- Scottsdale AZ

Sunday 15 May 2011

U.S. Trip 2008- Scottsdale AZ

Yes, we left L.A. and drove east across California and into Arizona. Including a couple of stops, the trip took about six hours.


I am very fortunate that DH actually enjoys driving, and doesn't expect me to share in the task (not that I wouldn't, or couldn't- he just prefers it that way!),so I get to look out the window and enjoy the changing scenery. And it really does change...California is fairly lush and green and then you hit the much drier, more desert-like scenery of Arizona.


DD was still with us, and we had, once again, booked a private home to stay in ( I forgot to say that in all this travelling, we were so grateful for the invention of SATNAV....mapreading is not my forte, and we would have been heading for divorce by the end  this point of the trip!).


This one was much more 'us'....a modest (well, by American standards) little bungalow/villa



with a fab pool area and exceptionally well-presented and comfortable interior. Bearing in mind that we were there in the height of the summer and that the temperature hit 100 degrees most days, we got great use of said pool!




DD (despondently) headed back to the UK after a week - which was just as well,as I was all shopped out, and even though our plan had been to move on at that point, DH and I decided to stay on for another four days.....we needed to chill after all that retail therapy!   

Apart from the fact we had previously visited (and loved) Scottsdale, one of our aims whilst there, was to meet up with a lovely lady , whom we had met through my Godmother. She was just approaching her eightieth Birthday, and was still driving the length and breadth of the United States visiting family and friends..she is a remarkable and very interesting lady.


After recharging our batteries, we packed up again and headed off to......drop by again to find out!

I DO have a LO to go with this, but it's too dark to get a decent pic, so will post it tomorrow!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx


















4 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to stay Alison, you look as though you were really enjoying yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love hearing & seeing about other people's travels - not being a great traveller myself - looks like you found some lovely places to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip - I think it is much nicer to stay in someones home rather than hotels or the time - much more relaxing I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of staying in a home while you are there - a much more authentic experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!