http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: Good Mail Day!

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Good Mail Day!

On Monday morning I found one of the few  things that EVER excite me in our mailbox.......the slip of paper telling me there's a parcel to collect from our tiny Post Office..... which, as some of you already know, only opens for one hour every weekday! 


I knew I hadn't ordered anything online...well, nothing that would be here so quickly ....I HAD just put in a little(ish) order to  SARAH'S CARDS...and though they are fairly quick, they're not THAT quick... and it didn't say that it was from 'Traffico', which would have meant DH had a speeding ticket from the previous weekend's trip to Barcelona (we had a spate of these last year!)....no, I really had no idea of what I was going to pick up.


At the allotted time, off I went ...and was delighted to discover some 'Happy Mail' !




Not only was there  the fab MAIL ART envelope itself to enjoy, and a very pretty card and word plaque from Ruth AKA ,FURRYPIG...but also 


this book, which is part of SIAN'S 'Pass the Book' series.  Thank you Ruth!

I have to say that this may be one of the books I look at the pretty, awe-inspiring pictures in and will not actually produce anything...though oddly enough an idea has just flashed through my mind- watch this space!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx

P.S. I managed a whole dance last night at Line Dancing, without bumping into anyone!! YAY!





15 comments:

  1. A Good Mail day is always a good day!
    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of your 'happy mail' that you post when you receive a parcel. All that effort to make the envelope bring a smile to your face is wonderful. I hope you enjoy the book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you, I love post like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :o) Awesome! There's nothing like a little happy mail to make your day. I've received quite a bit lately, and my mom has even been blessed with some. It's so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous envelope with all those map bits on. That book looks brilliant and I'll definitely be watching out for when you pass it on again. Well done with the line dancing too, I would be hopeless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh what fab mail!! And yey for line dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how exciting! I love happy mail :) Enjoy the book - I'll be watching out for it when you're done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo on the dance success! That book is bound to spark a creative frenzy but sounds like you have to pass it on again...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mail day I think. Just bought a security bag for D but her friend who has never flown on a plane is now petrified and doesn't want to go. They will have a ball when they are there and hopefully lots of lovely postcards and photos brought back :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mail! I'm sure something that inspires you in the book will creep into your art at some point ;) Bravo on the line dancing with no bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mail looks good. So much nicer than the usual flat, white envelopes which usually have nasty bits of paper in ha ha.
    I love Line Dancing...haven't done it for years. Is so easy to get the feet twisted up isn't it :)
    Thanks for popping over to me by the way and saying hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very happy mail day!! The envelope is lovely and that book looks so inspirational. Have a great time with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky, lucky you. It's lovely that Ruth took such time and care over the wrapping because that is something you remember and hold on to, if you are anything like me. It can be as good as what is inside, though the card and word plaque look wonderful too. Enjoy the book. I love art journalling and only wish I had more time for all the things I'd love to do. (Sigh....)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely surprise and that book looks very interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What exciting mail, in such gorgeous packaging!! That looks like a fab and inspirational book! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!