http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: 'ONE LITTLE WORD' update

Wednesday 2 May 2012

'ONE LITTLE WORD' update


After seeing a few 'OLW' posts over the last couple of days, I thought I would have a look at how my own  word  has fared since the beginning of the year. Although not taking part in the 'official' OLW, I chose 'ACTIVE' as the word that I would focus on this year....and here's my update:

MY AIMS

  • to continue being physically active, with my Keep Fit and Line dancing classes ....and get back to walking Boo 'properly' (i.e. not just 'round the block'!!
- still attending both classes, and Boo has been having slightly longer walks.
  • to lose at least another stone (14lbs/6.4kgs)
- have lost another 2kgs/4.4lbs, but am 'faffing' too much and keep taking it off and then putting it back on!
  • to become more active in our local community....I intend to volunteer to work in our local Charity Shop, and have already volunteered to be part of the 'Front of House' team for our local Theatre Group- in fact my first 'duty' was yesterday, showing people to their seats for the matinee production  of 'Jack and the Beanstalk'! Lots of booing and hissing and good fun
-  I now  work  in the local Charity Shop every second Wednesday morning



and 'did my bit', looking after the 'Jams and Pickles' stall (note I  said 'looking after' NOT 'making') at a recent lunchtime event, am taking part in a 5km sponsored walk on Sunday....and making bacon butties at the upcoming May Fayre!
I've also become a member of the local U3A (University of the Third Age) but haven't joined any classes yet.
  • to actively join in with blogging and online scrapping challenges
- participate in SIAN'S STORYTELLING SUNDAY on the first Sunday of every month ( that means this Sunday...why not come and join us?) SHIMELLE'S TEN THINGS (on the 10th of each month), as well as various online Challenges
  • to actively limit my time online (am not at all sure how that one will go!!)
-NO COMMENT!!!!
  • to actively make an effort to find some new recipes to keep me on target for losing that other stone
-PINTEREST has helped with this, but that means time online ;)
  • to actively support DD as she makes her decisions about her future...this is her final year in Barcelona and she has to decide 'what comes next'-and it's not likely to include staying here in Spain.
- Kirsty is still working through her options, and I'm trying not to say things like 'I really don't want you to be applying for jobs on the other side of the world'! 

I reckon I'm not doing too badly...what about you...how are your goals, or your OLW going so far?

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx




18 comments:

  1. I think you are doing awesome, Alison! I don't have OLW this year but I am actually getting focused on my business and that was a huge goal for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing really well,Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Alison. You seem to be right on track or maybe even ahead of the game xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing well. My weight is plateauing (or even inching up), and I think it's eating too much (ok, I know it's eating too much). But I'm trying to be better now.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id say you're doing really well at your one little word word - well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all sound like great plans. Limiting time on line is so hard, especially when you are away from family and friends overseas. Good luck with it all, I shall be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're doing very well with your word. I know what you mean about the weight - i have four pounds that keep coming off and going back on - can't seem to focus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are doing great! Love the variety of your goals. As for my OWL, well, I'm not going very good because I've forgotten what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your word ACTIVE fits in with so many different aspects of your life! Well done for volunteering! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are doing fantastic Alison! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds to me like you are doing a wonderful job of thoughtfully pursuing your aims :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are doing really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alison - sounds to me you are doing brilliantly! Your aims are positve and focussed - well done you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed reading your OLW update. Sounds like are not doing too bad and I totally relate to the reduce my time online/but that's where I find inspiration and recipes conundrum!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmmm...well my one little word was BALANCE and I think I just don't like the idea - in fact I know I don't - I was just trying to force myself but I'm just not the balanced type - it's all or nothing for me & I put far too much effort into some things and not enough into others. Just being conscious of it though has got me doing some things I wouldn't normally and limiting time on others. Looks like you are doing pretty well overall!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are doing great Alison. How difficult it must be waiting for Kirsty to work through all the decisions about what's next. I think I've seen those 4 pounds coming & going on my scale this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you're doing a terrific job with your goals. Having the same issue with internet time - it's so hard and as for losing weight lately I seem to be going in the opposite direction. (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!