http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: THE WEEK THAT WAS

Saturday 25 January 2014

THE WEEK THAT WAS

As you are probably aware, I spent the last week or so in the USA. In my last blogpost, I told you about my visit with RINDA in California...now it's time for my visit to Arizona.

We arrived in Phoenix last SATURDAY....and I immediately remembered just how much I love it there.....I think it's the light and the climate.

DEB TURTLE and I had made plans to meet up on SUNDAY to do some sightseeing round downtown Phoenix, but thanks to a local marathon being run that day and the entire area being closed down we changed our plans slightly. Craig and I drove down to Deb and Doug's favourite Mexican Restaurant.....



....where Deb and I got to drink our promised Margaritas in the sun...



Craig went back to the hotel to do some work and I went home with Deb and Doug for a while. Deb baked some of her wonderful chocolate chip cookies for me to take back to the hotel (I can confirm that her cookies taste as good as they always look!) while I got to meet this not so little guy...



He is SUPERCUTE!

Deb and I then headed off to downtown Chandler, which was a cute little shopping area and when we stopped for coffee on the way back to the hotel, we bumped into two of her nephews who sat and chatted with us or a while.


On MONDAY Craig flew down to Austin, Texas for a meeting ....which allowed me to use the car and go shopping! I had 'googled' all the shops I wanted to visit and, after dropping Craig off at the airport got on my way.
My favourite store was one which Deb recommended I visit - SCRAPBOOKS ETC......I could have spent the entire day there; there was so much to look at!!





That evening I met up with Deb and her daughter Carrie for dinner, before heading back to pick Craig up at the airport




Although it was sad saying our farewells at the end of the meal, we all agreed that it didn't seem like goodbye forever ...we WILL meet up again!
TUESDAY saw me having breakfast with Debbie from TELLING OUR STORY...




....Debbie is a keen scrapper .....it was so much fun talking to her about our scrapping lives and how they have developed over the years.
After saying goodbye to her, I went off to have lunch with a friend we met through my godmother...




....Donna is a really fun and interesting lady, so lunch was fun!

Craig and I did a bit of shopping in the afternoon and then went to see the second 'HOBBIT' movie at night...I wasn't terribly impressed I have to say!

We managed to have breakfast together on WEDNESDAY morning, then squeezed in the VERY last bit of shopping before heading to the airport for our flight back to the UK.


By FRIDAY lunchtime I arrived home.....




...a little the worse for wear, but glad to back in the land where there is a severe lack of choice (my head hurt from making choices while I was away!!)


And that, my friends, is the week that was....much more exciting than most of my weeks are going to be...let's see what next week brings!


I do hope all's well in your little part of the blogosphere!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Alison! I know what you mean about too many choices. Sometimes simple is just easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time and got in a lot of visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing week - one you'll remember for a very long time to come, I'd say. It's lovely to think of you travelling so far and finding friendship waiting for you at the other end

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic week. At first I felt a little envious and then I remembered that to do any of that meant flying. I don't do flying. I hope you waved hello to all my cousins in Arizona and in CA I always wave to families of friends as I pass through their towns. Mr M just rolls his eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that week sounds utterly fantastic - a week with scrappy friends and a trip to that amazing store. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful time Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful week you've had ... and just think of all the scrapbook pages you can make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderfully eventful and exciting week, and lovely (and a little surreal) to see blog friends together :). So glad all went well and perhaps some rest in your sunny and quieter home will just be what's needed. Thank you for letting us peek into your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous that you got to meet the lovely Deb and Rinda! Lucky lucky you. It looks like you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew - what an action (& choice) packed week that was - you need a holiday to get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a lovely visit! It was so nice to meet you! I'm glad you had such a nice visit here in AZ. Come back to see us real soon. And I'll meet you at my favorite scrapbook store since you know where it is now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a fabulous week of friends and shops and sun - I know what you eman about welcoming reduced choice after a trip away

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks and sounds like you had an amazing time! It's lovely to think you got that sunshine margarita after the snowy one you had last year. Spain must seem very quiet and calm after such a whirlwind week away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful week,Alison......hope we are going to see some of that shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad that I got to see you while you were here, and so glad that you had an awesome time in Arizona! Come back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic time you have been having. I am jealous that you got to met the lovely Lucky and spend time with Deb, Carrie and Rinda xd

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you had an absolutely fabulous time, the photos are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous trip Alison - & how lucky to meet up with so many bloggy friends!!

    We saw the second Hobbit movie - it was ok, but I didn't like that they changed it so much from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Alison ~ I'm a little late to the party, but just wanted to say that I LOVE this post and I LOVE that we got to spend time together. :o) Seeing those photos of Scrapbooks Etc makes me want to go there real soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow it looks like you had the most amazing time

    ReplyDelete
  21. A whirlwind and friend-filled trip--so glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks like you had a great time! Next time we'll meet up, for sure!! (I know what you mean about choices, especially since you visited ETC-- I always spend at least 1 1/2 hours in there, if not more, since there's so much to look at!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!