http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: TODAY

Wednesday 25 June 2014

TODAY

Craig and I were married in 1980, and fora few years we were our own little family of two.

In 1985, with the birth of Stuart, we became a family of three



In 1989 we became four, when Kirsty was born (I can't find any pics of the four of us when she was a baby, but here we are a few years later)



Twenty years ago today we became (at least on earth) a family of three again...in my mind Stuart is still very much part of us...his memorial stone reads:

A GIFT FROM GOD

LOVED BY ALL WHO KNEW HIM

ALWAYS IN OUR THOUGHTS


It says it all.

It hasn't been easy, but since Stuart's death we vowed that Kirsty's life wasn't to be adversely affected by that one event.... that in itself kept us afloat in the early days....and I hope she feels that we have been faithful to that vow.

So today I want to put in writing that I am grateful and feel so  blessed to have had both our children in my life...believe me, whoever said 'a  mother's  love never dies ' knew what they were talking about.







Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx






20 comments:

  1. Sending big hugs your way today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ach, Alison if I could wrap my arms round you right now, I would. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs and thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((HUGS)) Alison! Lovely picture of the 3 of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Alison, sending love and hugs your way x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post on this difficult day, remembering & honoring both of your children!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Alison, I LOVE that photo of you and Craig with Stuart as a tiny baby! I can only imagine how this day feels for you. Thanks for sharing this on your blog so that we can all hold you in our thoughts and lift you up with prayer today. Love you, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big hugs from over here, some lovely photos of you all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sitting here in tears. You are all a beautiful family (please accept this hug) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love & prayers for you today from my little corner of the world Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos - happy memories xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness I missed this, I'm so sorry! Anniversaries are hard but they sometimes help us remember the good times too don't they. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late in getting 'round to blogs, and am sorry I didn't read this last Wednesday. I know that you and Craig have managed to keep large hearts full of love, even in spite of this tragedy. That's a tribute to you, your love for Kirsty and a wonderful legacy of Stuart.
    Hugs to you my friend,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the last photo. As sad as it is that Stuart isn't there in person, you, Craig, and Kirsty do him tribute by living vibrant, interesting, even everyday, mundane lives, and, if he was there with the rest of you, I'm sure his smile would be a match for everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!