http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: ME ON MONDAY

Tuesday 23 June 2015

ME ON MONDAY

I've been back home for a week now....and it's taken me till now to find my Blogging mojo again.

It's been a difficult and emotional couple of weeks, but by today I have managed to find the time and inclination to sit in the sun, in the shade of my new parasol:





The weekend?..... It's been mainly house tidying and cleaning, as my mum and sister arrive tomorrow for a few days. My sister came back from New Zealand about seven weeks ago and has spent all of that time either at hospital with dad or looking out for mum...she returns next week, and we felt that it would be good for the three of us to spend some R&R time in the sun. Mum is looking forward to it, but with mixed feelings, as it will be her first time here without dad; I am discovering that my mum is a very strong and resilient lady....I think I take after her...I hadn't realised quite how alike we were until these last few weeks and I'm grateful that I have seen this side of both of us.

Thank you to everyone who has been in touch in these last couple of weeks.....as always the Blogging community has been so supportive and caring!

Waving to the other Monday Wavers, spurred on by the lovely SIAN

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx

18 comments:

  1. Family is so important during the grieving process. It's lovely that you are able to spend some quiet time with your mother and sister. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies enjoy the rest and recuperation in the sun. Consider yourself hugged, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you & your family Alison. Hope you all have a peaceful time together. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relax and enjoy each other's company....thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a fabulous time with your Mum and sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you and your family a hug. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you often Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comes as a shock to find out just how like our parents we can be. Sending some welsh cwtches to add to all the hugs from everyone. Share them with Mum and sister, because an armful of cwtches go a long way

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about you. So nice that the 3 of you will have some time in the sun together before your sister has to leave for home. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you and your family hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a lovely time with your mum and sister xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Alison! Hugs to you and your Mom and your sister - I hope you get to really enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so pleased you will get to have some time with them before your sister returns. It also means that next time your mum visits it won't be the first time without your dad. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful to see you in blogland this week! Praying you will have a fabulous visit with your mum & sister this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope you can all enjoy yourselves xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad Alison. Sorry I missed your last blog post:(. I hope you have a lovely time wth your Mum and Sister. ((HUGS)) to you all at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending hugs your way, my dear friend.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!