http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: ME ON MONDAY

Monday 7 September 2015

ME ON MONDAY

Today you find me with Teal Toes .......it's Ovarian Cancer Awareness month and there are a group of us in Blogland who have our toes painted in honour of MARTI, our friend DEB TURTLE'S late mum :she fought brave and hard, like so many others who suffer from this awful disease.





The weekend?....it was a wet one...as in VERY wet, which allowed me to get an item for the SCAVENGER HUNT....it's one of the 'alternatives', as I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get that Ticket Booth 






my friends Rosita and Margaret...taking shelter under an umbrella whilst waiting to go into Mass for the dedication of our village's Patron Saint....followed of course by the  usual loud, frenetic get together in the local Civic Centre

.

Before that, there had been Afternoon Tea at our Drop-in Centre and Saturday had seen me getting the house ready for THE GIRLS arriving this week......which meant clearing all my craft things away- I'm sure you can imagine how long THAT took me! - but  there was time for a bit of reading in there too and making final travel plans for a Blogger's weekend which is fast approaching!

Waving especially to SIAN and the 'Monday Wave' team

Thanks for dropping by!
take care of you
Alison xx




9 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing that blue in person later this month - if it's still warm enough for sandals :). I've got the fire on here ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blogger's weekend? How exciting! Lovely to connect like that. I have the teal nail polish (from last year) but no chance of painting it on just now with a house full of poorlies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds a fun festival in your village - have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, cringing at the thought of clearing stuff away..I know how long that would take me!

    A great reminder of the Awareness month.

    Have a good week Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend, hope you have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bloggers' weekend? Lucky you! And there was me just thinking about changing my toenail polish in honour of Marti ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get that teal polish out - thanks for the reminder. A bloggers weekend eh? That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a great week Alison! We're having a relaxing weekend & I'm catching up on some blog reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're looking pretty fine! Good catch on the umbrella. Hope all is well with you, sorry I've been away from blogland for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!