http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: I'm having CHERRIES!

Wednesday 20 April 2011

I'm having CHERRIES!

Yes! I really AM...and yes, I am very excited! There I was, out watering the garden and as I was standing with the hose at the cherry tree, there they were....three little green 'blobs'!



Mum and dad bought the tree when they were here last year, and I wasn't at all sure we would get any cherries in the first year. I am being a bit obsessive about them and keep checking that they are still there, and wondering when they will start to turn red. I love watching things developing in the garden...nature is a wonderful thing! 

I think you may be hearing more about the  cherries' progression!
 

Here is the San Francisco layout, which I finished today:


I used the LO for a challenge over at  Scrap Friendzy - the challenge was to scrap on a white background , which for me IS a challenge!



Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx








9 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and good for you on getting some scrapping in today too! I'm also taking Shimelle's class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I love cherries!! And I love your layout, too - that bridge is fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your bridge!! Great job on the layout, I'm with you... white is hard for me... give me 5 patterned papers and I can make it work no problem :)
    I LOVE cherries! I eat them like a mad woman during the season... I can't wait to hear more about your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm! Cherries! Love all the swirls on your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cherries as well...our cherry trees are covered in blossom....but it will be quite a while yet til there's any fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cherries and they cost a fortune over here - hope you end up with a nice crop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :o) I got a kick out of your post title on this one, Alison. Congratulations on the arrival of your sweet little cherries!

    Your layout is great too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh that brings back wonderful memories of san francisco although it was blazing sunshine the whole time i was there. the city dwellers said it was quite rare! thanx for ur lovely comment on my blog today, nice to meet some new blog friends. i see some of friends are visiting u too,
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, a white background can be challenging. I have managed it a couple of times, but generally go for coloured or patterned backgrounds.
    We have just put in a plum tree - a Victoria, to replace our old one, which died a couple of years ago. I don't know if we'll get any plums this year, but we did have some blossom...eeee!! Good luck with the cherries - keep an eye out for naughty birds who like to steal them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!