http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: MEMOS, MAIL AND ME....

Monday 10 April 2017

MEMOS, MAIL AND ME....

Hello again blogland!

As I mentioned in last week's post I have been 'gallivanting', as my Gran would have said...to the North East of England this time, to visit my girl and her boys (one human and one of the four legged variety!)

The weather was sunny but cold for the first few days, but by the weekend if I had closed my eyes I could have been at home.....such a pleasant surprise!

We had an afternoon in Durham..and fitted in lunch AND Afternoon Tea:






I caught up with old friends and dog-sat the the four-legged boy:



There was some retail therapy and a visit to the Cinema to see this:




.....and loved it!

While I was away I read this book:


....finishing it on the plane on the way home.....a slow starter but a real tear jerker by the end (always embarrassing whilst sitting on a plane!)


By last night I was home and, as yet haven't had time to check my mailbox for any mail...I am hoping there is a notification to go and pick up a box of scrapping goodness!


Waving to SIAN and the other 'Monday-ers' and wishing everyone a good week

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx




7 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a bit of gallivanting! Pleased to hear that the sun made an appearance for you, it's so lovely when spring really arrives in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an excellent gallivant was had by all concerned! And a box of new scrap stuff to look forward to? What could be better! Have a good week Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some time away with family sounds pretty ideal! And returning home to some craft supplies, well, that's pretty great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that GB actually hung out a couple of sunny days to welcome you. You look really well in that photo :). Hoping the scrapping goodness has safely arrived - keep us posted! Sending you warmest regards, y un abrazo fuerte xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that sounds like an excellent weekend! I'll look out for that book but maybe read it at home lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT looks and sounds like you had a really great time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful bit of gallivanting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!