http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: STILL REMIXING!

Sunday 28 October 2012

STILL REMIXING!

You will be not be surprised to know that I have already fallen behind with SHIMELLE'S latest class- SCRAPBOOK REMIX. Fortunately Shimelle herself does not dole out punishment exercises for failing to keep up, but I like to at least TRY to do so. 

In saying that, I'm still on Prompt 1...and haven't even READ Prompt 4! Maybe this week I'll do better, but I'm not really holding my breath for that!

You may remember this little peek from Friday.....



...well, here is the finished layout, using three colours...blue, yellow and brown...as per the aforementioned Prompt 1.

Dad with his brother, at my sister's Silver Wedding party a couple of weeks ago..just after his bout of pneumonia

.....inspired by a challenge over at SCRAP FRIENDZY, and using this sketch from PageMaps



Just a reminder that if you want to be put in the draw for this book....



...please leave a comment saying so , at the end of THIS POST by midnight (GMT) tonight.

Hope the weather has been kind to you this weekend, and not kept you from having a bit of fun!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx

19 comments:

  1. Love those mix of colours,Alison....getting behind....I don't believe it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember the peek - great to see the lovely layout in full! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout - I especially like the chevron paper. Great color combo for this layout.

    I've read all the prompts in Scrapbook Remix & created three layouts - I'm sharing the first one on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this layout! The chevron paper and the colors are lovely! I'm loving the remix class. Shimelle is so cute and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colours and patterns work really well together and so nice to know that your Dad has recovered well :). Behind? You want to what behind REALLY looks like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. Great layout. The only classes I try to do in 'Real Time' are LSNED and JYC. The others I read the prompts and let them percolate until I can put ideas into practice. No pressure, remember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page Alison and I love the colours you used, perfect for a man page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stamping onto ribbon is a great idea. I might have to give that a try. I didn't do Shimelle's class this time. I seem to have a problem finishing them if I'm honest :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still on prompt one and enjoying taking my time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice colors, great take on the sketch. I've read all the prompts, but not created any pages based on them yet. So you are ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love those colours together Alison, great match to your photo! I too didn't sign up for this class as I have so many I need to catch up on! Looking forward to seeing more LOs from this class:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Lo Alison and it doesn't matter if you get behind, as long as you find it useful.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love how you have pulled the colours from the photo for this one. I was reading something the other day about emphasizing the person you want to draw attention to by using only the colour of their outfit on your page. You have shown me that working!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That chevron paper is amazing! You're doing so much better than me with the class. I have no time to scrap my inspiration yet but its a great one to come back to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this layout, the colours are perfect for the great photo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the layout & glad to see Dad looking so cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colours look great together - makes for a happy looking layout. Now as for being behind - QI haven't even done prompt 1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colour combo. As life is a bit too crazy, and as I have yet to ever finish one of the classes, I chose not to do this one. I am missing it already though so I might pick it up at a later date when life is quieter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That ribbon stamping technique is very clever and especially nice to add a masculine touch of texture to your page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!